This guide will help you to understand the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival 2019 and what else to do in the area.
Facts About Coachella Festival
- Coachella was founded in 1993 by Pearl Jam, the first band to perform at Coachella.
- Coachella has been held every year since 1999, except for 2000, when organizers canceled the event because of the oversaturation in Southern California.
- Electronic music was the dominant music until 2015, but rock and house music has taken its place this year.
- Coachella Festival was expanded from a 2-day event to a 3-day weekend in 2007.
Details About Coachella 2019
- Location- Indio, California, United States, Empire Polo Club
- Dates- 1st Weekend (12-14th April), 2nd Weekend (19th-21st April)
How to Purchase Tickets for Coachella?
Select your Coachella tickets 2019 before the sale date to avoid last-minute hassles. Also, make sure you purchase the add-ons when purchasing your tickets.
- Festival passes – General admission ($429) General Admission + shuttle ($509) VIP ($999).
- Camping – Car camping ($125), Preferred car camping ($325)
Must Experiences At Coachella
Coachella has a lot to offer visitors, including a list of activities.
The activities tent is a great place to escape from the noise. This place has exciting games like the Early Bird raffle, Ping Pong and Twister. There’s nothing better than a night of enthralling games and grooving to the beats.
Coachella Art Studios
Coachella is about more than just the music. People with an artistic side can also explore the craft world and enhance the experience. Create new jewelry, fashion accessories, and more. The art studios at this event will help you discover the hidden Picasso within you.
As the sun is setting, dance under the beautiful dance dome. A silent dance party follows the dome dance party, a unique experience you cannot miss. Coachella would only be complete with the dome dancing. The lights are blazing, and the music is humming in the air.
The fun does not end at the stage. The Ferris wheel offers a 360-degree view of the Coachella Valley and the surrounding desert. Enjoy the thrill of an aerial view by riding this Ferris wheel.
Field of Dreams
This music festival is more than a mere music event. The Field of Dreams offers a variety of exciting and entertaining games. All this fun is available for free. If games such as foosball, relay races, or the sight of hungry people excite you, this place cannot be missed.
Sustainability Program at Coachella
Donation Centers: Spread happiness
The donation centers at Coachella will accept anything that is not in use, including blankets, lawn chairs, camping tents, and pillows. These items are donated to the Galilee Center, located in Coachella Valley.
Carpoolchella – Share and Enjoy
Carpoolchella is an initiative of Global Inheritance that encourages people who commute by car to share. The deal does not end there, as visitors who carpool can win a lifetime VIP pass.
Stay Hydrated with Recycled Bottles
This event is not just about the music concerts but encourages visitors to bring their reusable bottles and avoid using metal, glass, or aluminum. If you plan to visit the place, make sure you do it eco-friendly.
Poster Studio: Art With A Cause
This poster studio is the only place to express your thoughts through powerful posters while attending the Coachella Music Festival. Professional artists are present at the festival to give form to ideas relating to environmental and social causes.