What is Winter Festival?
Step into Winter Festival 2016 and lose yourself in a world of enchantment, magic and wonder as we bring a heady slice of European après ski to Australia’s capital cities this June and July. Offering an open-air ice rink, fantastic rides, great entertainment and delicious food and drink options, Winter Festival offers something for everyone.
Where is Winter Festival Held?
St Mary’s Cathedral
St Marys Rd, Sydney NSW 2000
45 Marine Terrace, Fremantle WA 6160
King George’s Square
Ann St, Brisbane QLD 4000
Garema Place Garema
Pl, Canberra ACT 2601
When does Winter Festival open and close?
Last skating session begins an hour before closing time.
Sydney – St Mary’s Cathedral
Mon – Thurs 10AM – 8PM
Fri & Sat 10AM – 10PM
Sun 9AM – 8PM
Fremantle – Esplanade Park
Sun – Thurs 9AM – 10PM
Fri & Sat 9AM – 11PM
Brisbane – King George’s Square
Mon – Thurs 10AM – 8PM
Fri & Sat 10AM – 10PM
Sun 9AM – 8PM
Canberra – Garema Place
Mon – Thurs 10AM – 8PM
Fri & Sat 10AM – 10PM
Sun 9AM – 8PM
- Where can I purchase additional tickets?
Is Winter Festival free to enter?
Winter Festival is free to enter and spectate. However, the ice-skating sessions and the rides require a ticket to enter. Ice-skating sessions and rides can be purchased online and on-site, however sessions can sell out so we recommend you book early to avoid disappointment. You can also save money by purchasing your tickets online.
What will the crowds be like?
Winter Festival is expected to peak late afternoon and evening. We anticipate busy periods during the school holidays. Capacity on the ice-rink is capped, to ensure you have a great time.
It’s raining / forecast to rain – what is your weather policy?
The ice rink at Winter Festival is open rain or shine and it’s perfectly safe and fun to skate in both of these conditions, after all it is a winter activity. We strongly recommend raincoats and a change of clean dry socks on rainy days and sunscreen and hats on sunny days. There are no refunds for wet weather so please choose your session carefully! Winter Festival want you to have a great time so we’re constantly monitoring the weather to ensure sessions are safe to proceed, if severe storms or electrical storms take place organisers will cancel the session and advise accordingly. This happens 15 minutes before each session to ensure everyone has a chance to skate and that the most current conditions are being assessed. Note that ice can be more slippery due to rain.
(It should be noted that session cancellation due to inclement weather is at the discretion of the promoter and notification will be via Facebook 15 minutes prior to your session)
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any other enquiries.
- Parking & transport
Is Winter Festival wheelchair accessible?
All sites are wheelchair accessible.
Where do I go once I have arrived?
Please head to the ice-rink entry to present your ticket (printed or on your smart device) to the gate attendant. Alternatively, head directly to your closest box office for enquiries or ticketing information.
- Can I post photos to social media?
What details should the customer know about the verification process?
After you have put in your name and contact details a verification email will be sent through to verify your email address that you will need to click through to. If a customer does not receive a verification email, go through the ‘I’ve forgot my password’ process to have a new verification email generated.
My booking has been pending for a long time, what do I do?
If your booking says pending and you have not received a booking confirmation after 30 minutes the booking will be automatically cancelled. Your tickets will have not been booked unless you receive a confirmation email.
I would like to change a booking, how do I do this?
You can change the date/time of your booking up to 48 hours from your original session time. If you login to your account and go to booking history you can amend your booking from there. There will be a link to change your booking from a purchase list.
What are the ice skating age restrictions?
Ice skating is available for ages 2 years and up. We advise all children under 5 to skate with a penguin skate aid. Adults are not permitted to skate with children in their arms.
What are the age limits for the rides?
The Toboggan Terror is suitable for all ages but under 5’s need to be accompanies by an adult (i.e. on the adults lap)The Powder Pit is suitable for all ages but under 4’s need to be accompanied by an adult.The Giant Slide is only suitable for ages 4 and over.All adults that are accompanying a child on a ride will need to purchase their own ticket for the ride.
What happens if the ice rink is closed due to weather/safety?
St Mary’s cathedral and the Winter Festival may close the Ice Rink at any time on a permanent or temporary basis due to the weather, safety, and any other reason the St Mary’s Cathedral and Winter Festival staff and authorities in its absolute discretion. If the Ice Rink is closed either before or during the session. The Winter Festival will provide the participant with a replacement ticket to another session, or refund any money paid by the participant in respect to the ticket. The St Mary’s Cathedral and Winter Festival are otherwise not liable to the participant for any other expenses or damages of any kind.
Terms & Conditions for Win a Skate, Accommodation Experience & Krispy Kreme
Terms & Conditions
Win a Skate and Accommodation Experience!
- Information on how to enter and prizes form part of the Terms and Conditions of Entry.
Entry into this competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- To the extent of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any other reference to this competition, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
Who can enter
- Subject to clause 4, entry is open to all residents of Australia over the age of 18, as of the date of entry, who have fulfilled the requirements set out below (‘Eligible Entrants‘).
- Employees, and their immediate families, of the Promoter, and associated agencies and companies, contractors or individuals are not eligible to enter this competition.
- The Promoter is Popcorn X Marketing Pty Ltd (‘Promoter‘).
How to enter
- To enter, the entrant must during the Promotional Period complete the following steps:
a) Comment on the Facebook competition post with their favourite winter donut flavour.
Number of Entries permitted
- Multiple entries permitted per person, however each entry must be substantially unique and submitted separately and in accordance with entry requirements.
Open, Close, Selection and Announcement dates
- Promotion commences at 12:00PM AEST on Wednesday, June 15th 2016 and closes at 04:00PM AEST on Friday, June 17th 2016 (“Promotional Period”). All times throughout the Terms and Conditions will be based on Sydney local time, which will be AEST. Entries received outside of the Promotional Period will not be entered into the draw. The winner will be chosen within 24 hours after the competition.
- This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winner.
- Each entry will be individually judged by or on behalf of the Promoter based on, amongst other things, creativity and literary merit. The best valid entry, as determined by or on behalf of the Promoter will win a prize.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winners will be selected at the premises of Popcorn X Marketing, Kirribilli NSW 2061
- Within twenty-four (24) hours, 1 winner will be notified in writing via the social media platform used to submit their winning entry.
Subject to the unclaimed prize, if for any reason a winner does not take or claim a prize (or an element of a prize) by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited.
- The Promoter will select additional reserve entries that they determine to be the next best in the event of an unclaimed prize or an invalid entry or ineligible entrant being selected as a winner. The reserve entry will be selected by Tuesday 21th June (9:00 AEST) and will be notified within two (2) hours in writing via the social media platform used to submit their entry.
Prize on offer
- The total estimated prize pool is valued at up to $814.20
- The prize on offer is a The Skate & Accommodation ticket with 6 months supply of Krispy Kreme Doughnuts is based on a family (up to 2 adults and 2 children). Krispy Kreme will issue the voucher and it’s only available at Krispy Kreme retail stores in VIC, NSW, WA and QLD. Not available in SA, NT, 7-Eleven, Jesters or BP stores. It will valid for 12months and the winner is entitled to 1 x dozen assorted per month.
- In the event that for any reason what so ever the winner does not take the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
Further Terms and Conditions
- If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to State and Territory legislation. Cash will not be awarded as a substitute. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and prize supplier’s requirements. Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated.
- The Promoter highly recommends a current email address be provided when requested for ease of correspondence and potential prize delivery.
- The Promoter reserves the right to conduct a new selection in the event that an entrant, claiming to be a winner, is unable to satisfy these Terms and Conditions or has breached these Terms and Conditions.
- The Promoter’s decision in relation to any aspect of the competition is subject to State and Territory legislation but also final and binding on each person who enters. No correspondence will be entered into. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost or misdirected entries. The prize is subject to availability, not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. The prize will be sent to the winner’s nominated email address as communicated by the winner.
Copyright, Statutory guarantees, Waiver and liability
- All entries and any copyright subsisting in the entries become and remain the property of the Promoter who may publish or cause to be published any of the entries received.
- In participating in the prizes, the winners agree to participate and co-operate as required in all editorial activities relating to the Competition, including but not limited to being interviewed and photographed. The winners (and their companions) agree to granting the Promoter a perpetual and non-exclusive license to use such footage and photographs in all media worldwide, including online social networking sites, and the winners (and their companions) will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
- The Promoter (subject to State and Territory legislation) reserves the right to amend, cancel or suspend this competition if an event beyond the control of the Promoter corrupts or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition. The Promoter will disqualify any individual who has tampered with the entry process or any other aspect of this competition. In particular, computer generated entries and the use “scripting” is not permitted and will not be accepted.
- Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limit, exclude or modify or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”).
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of:(a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter;(d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions;(e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or Entrant; or (f) use of a prize The Promoter (including its’ officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits or opportunity), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this competition including taking or using a prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law), including the Non-Excludable guarantees. Any change in value of the prize occurring between the publishing date and date the prize is claimed is not the responsibility of the Promoter.
What is the cancellation policy for corporate events?
You can cancel your booking within 72 hours from the time the booking was made.
If you cancel a week before we will refund you half the total amount,
if you cancel within 7 days of the event we will not be able to refund you.
What are the additional fees applied for corporate event catering?
Wait Staff: $45 per hour
Based on minimum 4 hour call and a ratio of 1:25 guests
Kitchen team: $65 per hour
Based on a minimum 4 hour call and a ratio of 1:30 guests
Set up and pack down fee: $300 flat fee per event
Includes delivery, satellite kitchen, service ware, equipment hire
Bar staff $45 per hour
Based on a minimum 4 hour call and a ratio of 1:25 guests
Security Staff$65 per hour
Based on a minimum 4 hour call and a ratio of 1:100 guests
Mandatory for groups of 30 plus OR when beverage service is selected
Gift with purchases offer
Gift with purchases offer available between 10am to 5pm on Tuesday to Friday this week.
Gift with purchases only provided on redemption of Ice Skating Tickets at Sydney and Canberra Winter Festival Ticket Box offices.
Merchandise subject to availability.
Valid for the first 3000 ticket purchases.
Happy Hours offer
Ice skate sessions for Happy Hour are 4pm, 5pm, 6pm or 7pm.
These sessions are subject to availability.
Are pets allowed at the event?
Yes, pets are allowed on the event site, but not on any of the activities.
How does the 3 Hour Unlimited ride pass work?
3 Hour Unlimited ride ticket starts from the time the first ride is attended and ends in 3 hours of that time. The session can not be consumed in segments.